Zoom Q2n Handy Video Recorder
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens
- Ten scene options for use in different lighting environments, plus ‘Auto’ setting for automatically adjusting how the camera captures specific scene conditions
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones capable of handling sound levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in WAV format, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Records directly to microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Color LCD
- 1080p and 720p recording at 24 or 30 fps up to 24 Mbps
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs
- Records video (with audio) in MOV format
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and two-color status LCD on lens
- Auto Gain function for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices, plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone/line-level output for convenient audio monitoring
- Low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with Ustream Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with direct monitoring) when used with computers and iOS devices (requires separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit, or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter for use with iOS devices)
- Operates with two AA batteries for approximately two hours
- Built-in 1/4″-20 standard tripod thread mount
As a musician, having a camera like the Zoom Q2n Handy Video Recorder lets you easily record yourself, whether for the intent of practicing or building a fan base. Video clips are recorded as high-quality MOV files in 1080p or 720p resolutions at either 24 or 30 fps onto convenient microSD cards. The fixed-focus wide-angle lens with a 160° FOV can capture you and your instrument from only a few feet away, ensuring that the microphones can pick up sound clearly. A wide f/2.0 aperture on the lens can produce clear images in dimly lit situations and is augmented by ten selectable scene modes that correspond to popular performance situations. These modes include ‘Concert Light’—which automatically adjusts for changing lighting conditions—to ‘Concert Lo-Lit’ for dimly lit rooms. An automatic setting, which chooses the optimal scene mode based on ambient light, is also available.
The Q2n houses its stereo condenser mics arranged in an X/Y pattern for clear stereo imaging without phase cancellation issues. Since the mics can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB, the Q2n won’t shy away from loud rock stages. Audio can be recorded separately from video and saved directly to high-quality WAV files at up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Plugging the Q2n into your computer or iOS device via USB (may require separately available hardware) unlocks even more functionality. Open up your DAW and you can record directly to new or existing projects. Alternatively, the Q2n can be used as a high-quality webcam for streaming over the web using YouTube Live or other popular streaming platforms.
For power, the Q2n conveniently uses two AA batteries (included) which offer up to two hours of recording time in 1080p, or three hours at 720p. A 1/4″-20 tripod thread lets you secure the Q2n to any standard tripod or mounting accessory for versatile placement options. Whether on the road recording impromptu sound ideas, or reaching out to your fan base over the web, the Q2n can be a valuable tool to any musician.
High-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio recording and SPL handling up to 120 dB ensures clean recordings from nearly any source that will hold up through post-production and publishing.
The Q2n features a 160-degree wide-angle lens, and it records in 720p or 1080p HD resolution using 24 or 30 fps frame rates. An f/2.0 aperture makes the Q2n perfect for musicians who perform in a wide variety of lighting environments. Plus, a color LCD screen makes it easy to create the perfect shot or review your videos.
The Q2n is also capable of recording audio only. Simply use the ‘Camera Off’ setting to capture demos or live performances in stereo sound using the built-in X/Y mics.
The Q2n features a 3.5mm (1/8″) stereo input jack that lets you connect external mics and other audio devices. And the 3.5mm (1/8″) stereo output jack makes it simple to listen to audio with headphones, on your home audio system, or even in your car.
To view your video recording in high definition, you can connect to an HDMI TV using the micro-HDMI type D output. A USB port allows for connection to a computer or iOS device (requires separately available adapter) so you can use the Q2n as a web camera for live streaming, as a USB microphone for podcasts, or as a card reader to transfer recordings (computer connection only).